Enable Imported Users
If ValuePRO performed a data import for you, you will most likely find that many of the user accounts that you require have already been created and you just need to enable users.
Go to the Security menu (1) in ValuePRO and click on the Authorised Users tab (2). Locate the imported user accounts and tick the Enabled checkbox (3) to assign a license to that user. Ensure that either the Valuer (4) or Admin (5) checkbox is ticked and the user account has a unique email address in the Email column (6).
Note: You can only manage user accounts in the application if you are a master user.
Setup a New User
If there was no data imported, you will need to setup individual user accounts for each person that will be using ValuePRO. Follow the steps below to create new user accounts for your users.
NOTE: You can only add new user accounts in the application if you are a master user.
1. Authorised Users
Go to the Security menu (1) in ValuePRO and click on the Authorised Users tab (2), then click the Add New User button (3) in the bottom left-hand corner of the page.
NOTE: When you click the Add New User button, depending on your security settings, you may be prompted with a warning at the top of the screen stating This website is using a scripted window to ask you for information. If you trust this website, click here to allow scripted windows... Click on the warning and select the Temporarily Allow Scripted Windows option (4). You will then need to click the Add New User button again to continue.
2. Enter New User ID
After you click the Add New User button, you will receive a pop up prompting you to enter a User ID for the new user. We recommend enter the first initial of the user's first name and the first three letters of their last name, then press the OK button (5) to continue.
For example, if you are creating a new user with the name Katy Oleander, you could enter kole as the User ID.
3. Enter User Details
A new blank user account will be created and made available at the top of the user list. You can then enter the remaining details for the new user, in particular the Full Name, User Name, Password and Email address fields. Note that the email address that you enter here is the email address that the workstation activation emails will be sent to.
The checkboxes available on this page will determine the type of user account:
- Enabled - This assigns a ValuePRO to this user account and allows the user to log into the application. If you un-tick this checkbox, the application will remove a license and the user will no longer be able to log in.
- Valuer - You tick this checkbox if the user account is for a Valuer who will be assigned to valuations jobs in the system.
- Admin - You tick this checkbox if the user account is for an administration staff member who will not be assigned to valuation jobs in the system but will be assisting with tasks on valuation jobs for multiple valuers.
- Master - You only tick this checkbox if the user will be a high level user that will help administrate and maintain your ValuePRO system. ValuePRO recommends that you have at least 1 master user for every 10 users.
- Allow Roaming - You tick this checkbox if you want to allow this user to log into the ValuePRO application from any computer. If this checkbox is un-ticked, the user will be restricted to logging into a specific computer only (eg: they can only log in at the office but cannot log in on their home computer).
Once you have finished editing the user account, press the Save Changes (6) button to commit the changes.
Note: if you cannot see the new blank user account at the top of the user list, check the page filters and make sure the first filter (7) is set to All Accounts as all new accounts are created with the Enabled checkbox un-ticked.