****** THIS FEATURE IS NO LONGER IN USE ******
The St George XML Export card is used to generate an XML file that can be downloaded to the users computer, then uploaded into the St George VPS system.
Before users can begin generating St George VPS XML files, the St George Export feature needs to be configured for use with the Valuation firms details.
Configure VPS FirmID
St George VPS XML files require a VPS Firm ID value to allow their system to identify the Firm in their system. In order to have this value in the generated XML files, users will need to locate the VPS Firm ID value. The VPS Firm ID is usually a 4 digit number that is printed on completed reports in the VPS system.
Once the user has the VPS Firm ID or ID's, they will need to update the St George VPS FirmID setting with this value.
Apart from configuring the VPS Firm ID, there are other settings in the system that affect how the XML file gets generated. These settings are generally set to the default values and it is up to individual firms if they wish to change from the default settings.
- Valuers Main E-Mail Address setting - This setting generally is set to the firms main email address and is used as a default if the office assigned to the job doesn't have an email address setup.
- Valuers Phone Number setting - This setting generally is set to the firms main phone number and is used as a default if the office assigned to the job doesn't have a phone number setup.
- Valuers Fax Number setting - This setting generally is set to the firms main fax number and is used as a default if the office assigned to the job doesn't have a fax number setup.
- Valuers Mobile Number setting - This setting allows the firm to specify a backup mobile number to be used as a default if the Valuer assigned to the job doesn't have a mobile number setup on their Valuer account.
- Show Valuer's Mobile Number in VPS Export setting - This setting can be turned off to not include any Valuer's mobile numbers or can be turned on to include Valuer's mobile numbers, if available.
- Auto-truncate Sales Comments for VPS setting - This setting can be turned on to immediately limit the number of sales comments to 200 characters, which is the maximum number of characters allow for sales comments by the VPS system. If this setting is turned off, the export will use the full sales comments and users may receive an error when attempting to generate the XML file. NOTE: Some firms prefer to keep this setting turned off as it gives them a chance to reword their sales comments to under 200 characters without cutting out useful information.
- Allow Download of Invalid VPS Exports setting - This setting can be turned on to allow users to download the XML file regardless of any error warnings identified by ValuePRO. Users will still be able to upload the files into the VPS system, however they will need to manually fix any errors in the VPS system that were not fixed in the ValuePRO system. By default, this setting is turned off to prevent the download of XML files with errors.
Generate & Download XML File
To generate a VPS XML file for a job that is ready to return to St George, click the Export button (1) on the Job card. This will pop up with the St George XML Export card where the user can preview the contents of the XML file and, if there are no errors identified, the user will see a download link (2) for the finished XML file for the job.
The user can simply click the link, or right-click and select Save As, to download then XML file to their local computer, then upload the file back into the online St George VPS System. If the St George VPS reference number was saved in the Job card in ValuePRO, it will be displayed to the user (3).
Once the file has been uploaded into the St George VPS system, all the information from the job entered in ValuePRO will be filled out in the VPS system, avoiding the user having to re-type the same information. The user can then run through a quick check of the information uploaded into the VPS system and submit the job back to the client.
St George provide ValuePRO will validation rules that are used to check the XML files against. If the XML file fails any of these validation rules, the user will receive error messages at the top of the St George XML Export Card to fix and no download link will be provide.
The user will need to make the corrects required to pass the validation rules, then click the Export button again to regenerate the XML file.